Online Court Reporting Schools
Court reporting is a very fast growing profession thanks to recent technological advances and earning a degree is a great way to get you started in the field. A court reporting degree is not offered at every college the way many other majors are. There are only about 100 colleges who offer these degrees, but the good news is that many of these offer online degrees.<!- mfunc feat_school ->
Consider An Online Court Reporting School
Online court reporting schools are a good option for a variety of reasons:<!- mfunc search_btn -> <!- /mfunc search_btn ->
- You can earn your degree on your own time, and fit school into your current schedule
- Since the number of colleges are limited, you may not live near a campus based school
- You aren’t required to live on campus (and pay for it)
- You don’t have the expense of driving your car to classes
- You save time by not having to commute
- In most cases, you can set your own schedule
- If you are a fast learner, you can work ahead and finish your degree faster
Online court reporting schools can offer you most of the same things you get from attending a physical class. You won’t have someone looking over your shoulder, but they will still be able to review your work and give you feedback on your progress.
Online Court Reporting School Curriculum
The curriculum for online court reporting schools is the same for on campus classes. You will first become educated about machine shorthand and using a steno machine. The classes will also include education about the English language, word usage, vocabulary and specific terminology used by many court reporters working in the legal or medical professions.
Many online court reporting programs will also educate you on the specialized field of real time court reporting. This allows a transcript of the trial, deposition, meeting, seminar, etc. to be made available in “real time” instead of having a delay. Real time reporting has opened up the employment opportunities for people with court reporting skills to include captioning for television programs as well as freelancing for any business that has a need for real time translation.